Re-accredited 'A'Grade by NAAC in 2013 with CGPA of 3.72 points
I/C Principal Prof Parag Thakkar
Vidyasagar Principal K.M. Kundnani Chowk,
123 Dinshaw Wachha Road, Churchgate,
Mumbai - 400020. India
NUMBER OF STUDENTS: Over 6000
VISION: "India's future will be shaped in her classrooms." - Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
Classrooms → Communities → Careers
1. Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)
2. Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
3. Bachelor of Commerce - Accounting & Finance (BAF)
4. Bachelor of Commerce - Banking & Insurance (BBI)
5. Bachelor of Commerce - Financial Markets (BFM)
6. Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM)
7. Bachelor of Vocation (BVoc)
a. Retail Management
b. Tourism & Hospitality Management
8. Master of Commerce (MCom)
9. Doctorate in Commerce (PhD)
a. Business Economics
b. Business Policy & Administration
H.R. College is committed to:
- Excellence in Education: Providing excellence in commerce and business education at the under-graduate and post-graduate levels.
- Holistic Education: Pursuit of knowledge through holistic education in academic and extra-curricular activities
- Strong personal values: Developing strong personal values
- Theory & Practice: Addressing the evolving needs of business and industry. Emphasising theory and practice
- Knowledge & Experience: Giving the breadth of knowledge and the depth of experience to students
- Business & Industry: Providing meaningful contributions to career and community.
- Affiliated to the prestigious University of Mumbai, since its inception in 1960
- H.R. College of Commerce & Economics has an enrollment of more than 6000 students in its degree as well as in its junior college, with an equal number of boys and girls.
- Emphasis on faculty development, academia-industry linkages, internationalization and on student empowerment.
- The College has achieved excellent academic standards, while simultaneously creating opportunities for the all around development of students through sports and cultural activities. By transferring the responsibility of learning on to the learner, the College empowers students and fosters young leaders.
- H.R. College was the first college in Maharashtra to be accredited 'A' grade with a score of 87.95% by the NAAC (National Assessment & Accreditation Council) under the revised scheme for 2002. In 2008, HR College was awarded an 'A' Grade by NAAC once again with a CGPA of 3.46; NAAC has awarded H.R. College with a CGPA of 3.72 on a scale of 4, the highest CGPA in India under the revised scheme and the highest score in Maharashtra till date.
- Preparing students for life and work in an information-rich, technology-driven world
- Connecting and building partnerships with the corporate sector and non-profit making communities to pursue its educational mission
- Ensuring the future success of both the college and its stakeholders.
- The College also has the unique distinction of having received autonomy in 2007 from the University Grants Commission (UGC), making it the first college in the 150-year history of the University Mumbai to have achieved this feat. The College will implement autonomy in due course.
- The college strives for excellence in teaching and learning at undergraduate / postgraduate levels.